Vietnam is a country with a high degree of fraud and corruption, ranked 107th out of 160 on the NationMaster Government Corruption list, so it is important to understand a person or companies background before getting too involved on a personal or business level.
Zele Investigators Vietnam have seen sharp increases in business from foreign customers. Investigations often focus on brides, girlfriends, and internet dating relationships, as well as foreign business partners and investors. With the high degree of fraud in Vietnam, hiring a private investigator is an important security decision. Proceeding in a personal or business relationship without one can be very costly.
Before getting too deeply emotionally or financially involved with someone or something in Vietnam, we recommend doing a background check such as verification of address, work, marital status, family, and school if applicable. In addition, discrete surveillance could help you understand them, what they do, where they go, who their friends are, if they can be trusted, and perhaps if they are involved in any other relationships. These services could cost anywhere from $175USD, however in the end could save you more than that as well as much time and heartache.
When considering hiring a Vietnam detective, it is a good idea to check their location. Many are based in the United States or Europe, not in Vietnam or even Southeast Asia, so the first step is to make sure it’s possible to speak with someone that is actually in Vietnam!
While these foreign private investigators may provide excellent service in their home countries, there is a major disadvantage to doing “long-distance” or “internet” investigations in Vietnam. These companies must normally subcontract their services, furthermore without local agents or staff, it is difficult to control the quality and timeliness of their work. In addition, Vietnam culture, customs, and laws are very different from other countries, and of course the service costs outside Vietnam are also much higher.
Don’t be misled by big companies, fancy names, bogus claims and trademarks, or flashy websites, make sure you can speak to someone that is actually located in Vietnam and can give you customer references and samples of their work before you start. Zele Investigators Vietnam recommend the following:
1. Only deal with companies that are actually located in Vietnam. Don’t hire someone whose office is in the US, you’ll only be paying extra for a middleman that cannot control the quality of their subcontractor’s work.
2. Be especially wary of any companies from Florida. According to Consumer Fraud Reporting (www.consumerfraudreporting.org), Florida has one of the highest fraud rates in the US!
3. Make sure they can communicate properly in English, or Vietnamese.
4. Check if they can provide redacted samples of their work.
5. Don’t deal with companies that only accept bank transfers or Western Union. Make sure they provide standard universally accepted payment methods that provide consumer protection such as PayPal, Xoom, MoneyGram or with most credit cards.
6. Make sure your information is confidential and secure. Check to see that their websites have proper security and privacy technology.
Zele Investigators Vietnam offer discreet private investigative and vietnam detective services such as surveillance, background and fidelity checks, process serving, online dating checks, and person locate at affordable local rates. Our team of highly experienced and trained local and expat agents and management staff cover all of Vietnam and work with local police, embassies, as well as other government agencies.
We maintain a low-profile and keep all of our clients information in strict confidentiality and have extensive customer references. We also provide service in Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines.